Developing an app is an accomplishment. However, with so much time and effort involved in the entire development, test, and launch process, devising an effective marketing strategy would be the last thing in the mind of a developer. Unfortunately, in the App market, there exists the ‘problem of abundance.’ With a surge of mobile apps in various app stores, success is not guaranteed even if your newly developed app has ‘everything’ in it.
This is further aggravated by the high failure rate of various nicely developed apps at the app stores. The truth is, no matter how fantastic your app is, a solid marketing strategy is what ultimately sells it. The marketing of ‘promised value’ can act as a key differential. Therefore, it is essential to create a marketing plan before the launch for promotion and brand awareness. After all, nobody will download an app that doesn’t s have a buzz around it.
What is the strategy to create the marketing buzz?
1. Promotion Before Launch: Even before the launch of the app, various promotional content should be finalized – content development, reviews by various influencers, opinion makers, bloggers, and banner designing for advertising, news releases, etc.
Correct medium (portals and publications) can guarantee that the promotion is targeted to the right audience. This is facilitated by making an online presence through social media networks. Demo testing with a target group spreads awareness among the right audience.
2. Optimizing the App: Optimizing the app to search engines by providing the correct keywords in its title and description is important to locate it easily. Therefore, app optimization during the development process should be an essential step for discoverability in the search query at the app store.
3. Releasing Unique Features Early: To grow a user base, it is essential to release early, drawing investor attention. Releasing the primary features would help early adoption – setting the stage for a growing user base in the future. Enabling a social sharing facility can further lead to enhancing the user base. Adoption is typically fast if a unique feature is introduced at an early stage. For example, a messaging app that has the capacity to target 50 or more people at the time would attract interest.
4. Get Discovered – With a plethora of apps in the same market segment you are operating, at the highest frequency is essential to make your presence felt. The audience wants to know how your app makes their task easier and that it is ready to be downloaded. Create a landing page and an email subscription option for the app.
The focus should be to create awareness to drive traffic to the page. A multi-channel marketing strategy such as email marketing, banner advertising, and viral marketing can help promote apps across various channels. However, to garner maximum visibility, the marketing process should remain to continue.
Related Articles :
- Featured Neighborhoods in San Diego, California
- How To Make A Sub Prime Secured Loan Application
- Wellness Coordinators: Are You Addressing the Positive Side of Health? (Start Today)
- Breaking News On the Web and TV
- Mobile Learning – Gets Learners Performance Support Via Their Mobile Devices
5. Make Users Your Marketers: Attaining the top position in the chart is difficult but once achieved, users can act as the marketer for your ‘great app.’ For example, users can use the shareable features of the app to spread brand awareness among friends. In addition, they can use the app to share content and social media to create the buzz around the app.
Relationships can be forged through the shareable aspect of the app. Social media can create profiles of the targeted users who can be engaged and re-engaged through content, value description, offers, and feature capabilities. Once convinced, your true marketers do the viral marketing for the app.