Website templates seem to have grown into their own mini-industry in recent years. While many people can master website creation software and even become proficient in HTML, coming to grips with graphic design skills is another thing altogether. Add to this the seemingly restricted and “dated” choices of templates in many software packages, and you have a real issue to contend with.
Fortunately for users of the XSitePro 2 software package, this issue isn’t a problem. Finding a suitable XSitePro 2 template for your website is not a matter of having to settle for a lame cookie-cutter solution, but rather an issue of which one of over 300 (including the free bonus pack) to choose! XsitPro2 comes with a remarkable selection of templates that will provide you with a template that will fit in well with your website theme. The templates are modern, clean, and SEO-friendly in their design and layout.
If the 300 XSitePro templates still don’t meet your particular needs or taste, then modifying or totally redesigning your own unique template for XSite Pro 2 is a straightforward process. When you initially tackle the task of modifying a template, it may seem a little daunting, but don’t be put off; it really is a straightforward process that most of us can become proficient in. The following steps outline the procedure you need to follow to create your own unique, fresh and stylish XSitePro 2 template.
1. As you would expect, pre-planning forms the foundation for a successful result. It would help if you focused on the layout of your intended template. The layout will be entirely decided by your particular taste and the “style” of the website that you are trying to achieve. Issues like menu positioning, theme, style, and the graphic “message” your site is trying to communicate should all be well thought out and addressed before you begin the XSitePro 2 template design process.
You may find that your site may be more effective and communicate a clearer message without any graphics – the choice is entirely yours. XSitePro2 has an illustrated graphic guide known as the “Pop-Up Panels Illustration” that can assist you in identifying the key essentials of your XSitePro template project. The other essential issue to address at this stage of the process is the proportions of the template you are going to design.
2. With your new XSitePro2 template “plan” in hand, you proceed to lay out your mock page in a graphic design package (there are a large number of very easy-to-use graphic programs available for free on the net).
3. After completing the mock layout in your graphic program, overlay the page layout you came up with in Step 1. To ensure that your template design looks professional, paste the correctly sizes rectangles (the proportions are detailed in XSitePro) onto the design as layers. Alternatively, you can use rulers/guides from your graphic design package.
4. Once you have achieved a happy result, you then go about importing your new XSitePro template into XSitePro. This is achieved by cutting the design into the respective parts that make up your web page (as indicated in the XSitePro2 “Pop-Up Panels Illustration”).
5. To use your newly created web page into XSitePro2, the parts (newly created graphic files) are set as backgrounds of the different panels in an XSitePro2 template. This procedure should only take a few minutes to complete as you only have a limited number of component graphic parts to layout in XSitePro.
6. The final step is to save your new design as a fully customized XSitePro template that you can use again and again when you need it. To modify it slightly and change colors, backgrounds, etc., is straightforward, which will allow you to create multiple common themed sites from your own proprietary XSitePro2 templates.
Related Articles :
- Joomla 1.0 Templates
- Huawei to launch Enjoy 6 with 4,100mAh battery at Rs 12,839
- The Web Design Template Advantage
- Android 2.3 Platform Gaming Enhancements
- How to Upgrade WordPress Manually or Automatically
If this sounds a little too challenging for you, never fear; the other quick and simple method of XSitePro template creation is to modify an existing XSitePro template by altering or omitting specific components that you chose. As with many other features, XSitePro template design and modification are straightforward and achievable for even the most graphically challenged webmaster.