Technology has given us many amazing things and a residential home security system is one of them. It has allowed the average person the ability to simply, effectively, and quickly install and secure our homes. With many home based businesses, this is not a luxury, rather a necessity.
Security is one of the top concerns that every homeowner has. Times have changed and the need for security has changed as well. Too often we only think of our security and the security of our family after something has happened to us, friends, family members, or neighbors. The need to properly equip our homes with alarms and security systems has never been greater. People take proactive approaches to most things in their life. However in our home security, we often fail to plan for the unexpected, the safety and security of our family and possessions.
Your home is your safe haven, and it should always be kept that way. You never want to feel unsafe in your home. Why take the chance of losing that feeling of invincibility and security due to the lack of preparation. Your home should be the singular place that your family, children, and friends can come to when the world feels unsafe.
The facts are simple and people must wake up to it. There has been a noticeable rise in the number of criminal activities in most US states, including robbery, burglary and hold-ups. We must understand the times when our homes are most vulnerable and what it is we can do to prevent us from being a statistic. Let’s first look at the risk areas:
Related Articles :
Burglaries and home invasions can happen at any time. However statistics show us:
• Most break-ins occur between the hours of 10am and 3pm. For many homeowners and renters, this fact shocks them. When break-ins are thought of, it is under the “cover of darkness.” Fact is, intruders do not necessarily want a confrontation, they want your items. They will do so when they think no one is at home, usually at work.
• Most break-ins occur right at the front door! 34% of all break-ins occur right at the front door. Next 23% of break ins occur through first floor windows. 22% of break-ins occur on the first floor backdoor. 9% enter through a garage. Why? They will pick an entry to the home that allows them to stay inconspicuous. Often times vulnerability occurs at the places that people think less of. People often fear their child’s second story window. You must secure that area for sure, however it is the common areas that are chosen and these are the areas that are most neglected, security speaking.
According to the FBI, home break-ins occur every 13 seconds. As economical times become more trying, these statistics are not going to decrease, they will only increase. The fact is police and law enforcement are not adept at preventing break-ins, it is simply impossible. The homeowner is the one who has the control, with the power of wireless home security alarm systems or traditional alarm and security systems. That is the greatest deterrent of them all.
Here are a few more statistics to prove the need of a wireless home security alarm systems and/or traditional residential home security:
• 2.5 million homes are broken into every year.
• ONLY 17% of all homes have any kind of residential home security system.
• 1 out of 3 residential break-ins result in assault.
• Criminals are not just stealing property when they break in, they are stealing identity as well.
• 85% of all break ins are done by “non” professionals. Meaning, it increases the danger level to the resident.
Statistics and facts can go on for pages. The question becomes; Are you one of the 83% of homes in America without a residential home security system? The time to take action is now. How do you safely, securely, and economically prepare you home with a wireless home security alarm system or another type of alarm and security system? There are solutions!
Your house and property may have many different alarm and security needs, and you need effective solutions. Those solutions for residential home security can come as wireless home security alarm systems or the more traditional alarms and security systems. The time is now to be proactive not reactive.
Get the security and protection that your home and/or small business needs. There is a trusted resource online today. At http://getrealessentials.com, your business and residential home security solutions are one stop shopping.