If you’re thinking of visiting the Pacific Ocean coast of Colombia, know that various options offer opportunities for salt-water fishing, whale watching, and beach vacations. Here are three:
– Bahia Solano, a resort town in the northern sector of the Pacific Coast. Some major sport fishing tournaments are held here annually. There are nature walks and diving tours available and several basic but acceptable hotels. Two major luxury hotels also offer accommodations here. The town has one of the few Pacific Coast located airports and the only one in the northern sector of the coast.
One of Colombia’s largest, most beautiful national parks, Parque Nacional Utria, is located but a 20-minute boat rides away. The park, which includes a generous section of the coast and Pacific Ocean waters, houses one of the largest tropical wildlife and marine life concentrations for this section of South America outside of Brazil. Frequently, marine scientists congregate in the area to study the amazing conglomeration of aquatic life found here.
– Nuqui, a regional county seat, is another Pacific coastal town boasting airport service. There are also a handful of decent hotels offering full amenities, meals, and regional tours. The central Colombian coast location of Nuqui is convenient for watching the migration of Humpback whales during the spring. During late summer to early fall, the migration reverses as the whales with their newborn calves turn south to head for southern Pacific Ocean waters off the coasts of Chile and Antarctica.
Porpoises, seals, and freshwater aquatic life are in abundance, too, as are natural thermal baths and protected environmental zones featuring wildlife with which you can get very close and personal. Just be careful. Yes, they bite. If you are interested in visiting indigenous Embera Indian villages, there are a number of these located near Nuqui, to which Globeinform can arrange tours or visits.
Related Articles :
- How Property Managers Can Maximize ROI and Keep Properties Looking Good by Improving the Landscape
- Helpful Tips to Follow While Buying Luggage
- India Travel and Tours – Deserving Ideas
- Top 3 Design Improvements in Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
- Wellness Coordinators – Let’s Do Both Worksite Wellness and Employee Health Status Improvement
– Buenaventura, a sometimes unacceptably dangerous environment, this unkempt, shabby city is the largest on the Pacific coast of Colombia and is driveable from the city of Cali and the central coffee region of the country. There is a motor launch service to much of the Colombian coast from here and a handful of passable beaches like Ladrilleros and Huanchaco. A major military and naval base are also on the bay here.
The main market here features an astonishing variety of not only marine fare but edible jungle wildlife too. Armadillo, peccary, three-toed sloth, sea turtle, and iguana can be purchased and eaten at food stalls on the market’s second floor. Due to population controls and regional seafood harvesting regulations, sometimes creatures that would be illegal to harvest in other locations and countries are legally harvested and available here.
Travel and Living in Colombia
From Humpback whale watching to sport fishing and therapeutic thermal baths, you can enjoy a wide range of activities and nature pursuits along the Pacific Ocean coast of Colombia. Did I mention that you’ll find the prices to be a great relief? In addition, you’ll keep more in your wallet due to the region’s economy compared to other locations such as Panama or Costa Rica. True, there are trade-offs, and the services available in both of these countries are certainly first-rate. Still, a visit to Colombia’s Pacific coast can be a delightful one at affordable rates.
Why not see for yourself?
I did, and I’m still here!
Did you like this article? Prof. Larry M. Lynch is an experienced, professional, media-rich web content copywriter who can solve your business advertising and promotion problems via research and preparation of web content media packages containing traffic pulling SEO text articles, short attention-getting videos, thought-provoking automated presentations, MP3 audio podcasts that engage listeners and custom photographed digital images with visual impact that get your business, products, and services noticed online by potential customers.