Noticed drafts, damages, scratches or cracks on the exterior doors? Don’t want to be the victim of Winnipeg’s extreme weather? Want to do something to avoid future inconvenience? If yes, then the first thing to do is to learn about different types of doors along with their terminologies, styles and parts.
Chances are high that homeowners might not remain satisfied from current exterior doors Winnipeg for a long time. They might reap benefits up to a certain extent after which, there would be a significant decline in home’s energy efficiency, aesthetics and durability. So, let’s have a brief look at each of those factors:
Styles of Doors
Before getting to know about door parts and terminologies, it is necessary to learn basics about different styles available in the market.
- Entry Door: Front and side doors are referred to as entry doors because they give access to home’s interior. While searching for high quality exterior doors Winnipeg, the rule of thumb is to find out their energy efficiency, durability and strength to resist outside elements. Since entry doors are made up of numerous materials i.e. fiberglass, aluminum, composite, wood or steel, homeowners have to see link and figure out which material would suit their needs.
- Patio Door: Doors present in the sunrooms, decks, patios and backyards are known as patio doors. They are of two different styles: sliding patio doors and French patio doors. The latter is similar to entry doors and usually operates on a hinge. Fiberglass and steel are the ideal materials for this type of exterior doors Winnipeg. Whereas, sliding patio doors work amazingly in vinyl material because of an insulating glass layer for optimal energy efficiency. The doors are also capable to maximize light inside the rooms.
- Storm Door: Storm doors are needed to protect entry doors. They are installed between the outside and exterior doors to keep rain, debris, snow and ice away from causing damages to the major part. They also create another insulating layer to avoid heat loss.
Now that homeowners are aware of different styles of exterior doors Winnipeg, it’s time to look at the important terminologies.
- Door unit is the basic part that involves the door slab and frame.
- As far as types of doors are concerned, there are sliding/gliding doors and swinging doors. The latter swings open while sliding doors move on a track.
- When swinging doors are further divided, they stem out at outswing and inswing doors. As the name suggests, in-swing doors open inward while out-swing protrude out of the home.
- Swinging doors are either left-hanging or right-hanging. Homeowners can determine it by looking at the side of the hinges.
- Double doors or side-by-side doors are provided with two-door configuration. The panels are installed one after the other. The doors are either active or inactive, meaning that some open as needed while some are fixed and do not move.
- R-value is another important terminology that explains the efficient to control heat flow. It determines energy efficiency of the door. So, homeowners should choose such exterior doors Regina that have high R-value.
After understanding these terminologies, it would be quite easy for homeowners to choose the right door type. they can also determine problematic areas in current doors and rest assured to find the perfect solution.